Tuesday, November 4, 2014

educational philosophies

        Educational philosophies are an important part of education, and should be assessed by different students and teachers depending on what they think about education. Here is the test: educational philosophies test and the scoring sheet: Educational Philosophies Scoring Guide After taking the self assessment, I found out many interesting things about myself. The first thing I thought about this assessment was that it was very confusing to score, but I learned all about the views that I do have involving education. 
I think this instrument could be very accurate in measuring how people feel about education. I think that when scoring that each section is explained depending on how you score is how you view each section of education. I learned that I tend to think of education as something that is going to shape students in ways that they learn, allowing the students to express their important beliefs and values in their education.
This test is very useful when trying to find someones educational philosophies views, but I do not think that is extremely accurate, when trying to find a persons educational philosophies. I think that teachers have other ways to tell what their educational values are, or and the style of teaching that is most affective towards them.

When teaching, I think I will have a variety of different philosophies that will be beneficial toward how I will teach in a classroom. One thing I liked that the scoring chart explained was Progressivism, which believes that a student should be the focus of the eduction rather than the subject matter, suggesting students interests are more valuable then just what they are learning in schools. Society is constantly changing, so teachers have to incorporate different aspects of society into the lessons to make learning fun. I also agree that teachers need to focus on the students individual needs and how that individual thinks that looking at all students as a whole. Some students require different needs and help in specific areas, so when a teacher provides this, students are more likely to succeed then if they were to just only tend to the class as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment