Friday, September 5, 2014

Introduction to me

Hello all!
My Name is Megan Finnegan and I am a sophomore at Salem State University. I am an elementary education majoring and am pretty sure I will be double majoring in dance, but that is still be decided. I have been dancing for 13 years and have been teaching dance for 2 years. I love working with the kids at my studio and I love seeing how much joy I bring to them by teaching them new things. One day, I hope I have my own classroom in a public elementary school. I really enjoy the second grade aged kids in class so my ideal classroom would be in the second grade of a school. I like the second grade aged group of kids because they are still exciting about learning and want to be in the classroom.
I found this website which has a lot of reasons why to choose elementary education
when getting involved in education. The one that relates the most to be is the Intangible Rewards of getting to see the joy of kids coming to school everyday. Not every job gets to influence the lives of young children as much as teachers do.
Here is a picture of a fellow teacher and I with one of groups of kids on a field trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment