Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Why Teach…?

This week in EDU 100, we covered topics on why people teach, and why out of all the carriers available for people, students still go down the path of teaching. There are many reasons why people choose to teach, and this debate on why teach has bought up a lot of good information but also challenging in the teaching world. I found one article that considered the question of why teach, giving common reasons.
Why Teach Article
The first reason is the joy of teaching, something I think is the most important. If you do not what to teach children, how can the children want to learn. Teaching choice teaching to make a difference in the lives of kids, allowing them to explore their own minds through intelligence and creativity. The other point I like that this article brought up was that teachers laugh everyday. This is so true. Being a dance teacher, every dance the kids make me smile and laugh, creating a more welcoming environment for learning. Although there are times to be serious, being silly in a classroom will make students more comfortable to learning and teachers wanting to come to work everyday.
why teach page Text from class
In Discussion 3A, the first article has real points of view from students on why they want to teach. The student I can relate the most to is Erin because she wants to make a difference in the lives of kids, "I can relate to what Erin say, wanting to make a difference in the lives of kids at school. But I also like what Robert has to say about being a camp counselor. That can really help determine if a person is good with kids or wants to continue to work with them"
Teaching Throughout the World
In some countries though, teachers are chosen to teach to improve the lives of students. In places like China and South Korea, parents push their children into becoming teachers because they are able to learn english, and also find a good, very supporting job. Teaching is China also gains the greatest respect by its population due to how important teaching is.
Why Teach quote
But why do people choose to teach? My pin from this week has a good quote on it as to why people teach. "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world". -Nelson Mandela.
I like this quote and I think it has a lot of do with why people choose to teach. A teacher is usually a good teacher when she/he enjoys teaching, but also wants to help children. A good teacher uses here teaching to help students, even of they are slower learners. Teachers choose to teacher simple to change the world and to watch their students reach success.

I am choosing to teach because I want to help students to understand the importance of learning, but also to create a love for learning and being creative. I love helping students learn new things. It brings joy to my face when a student is excited about what they have just learned. I choose teaching to change our children.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment